Partisan Factory for Production of Arms and Ammunition

After partisan forces arrived in Uzice on September 24, 1941, the pre-war factory for production of arms and ammunition in Krcagovo started its work. In that period it was the only company in that part of occupied Europe which produced arms for the war against fascism.

The machines from one part of the ammunition department and the tool room  were located in the underground rooms, built before the Second World War started, and used for needs of the vault of the National bank of the kingdom of Yugoslavia.

Partisan company for production of arms and ammunition was working until November 22, 1941, when the explosion occured. On that occasion the whole shift of workers and civilians happened to be on the spot tragically died.

Permanent exhibition in the underground tunnels was opened in 1961, and its extention and reconstruction were made in 2011.